Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tutorial Task - Week 9

For this week’s tutorial task we have to choose a topic for our final research essay. At this stage, I am currently set on topic number 5 which is ‘Creative Commons is both a solution and yet another failure to deal with authorship and copyright on the internet. Discuss and give examples.’ So far I have found 5 sources relating to this area of studies.

1. The first resource I am going to use is the article on Creative Commons provided on learning@griffith. Thank you very much Steven. The key argument in this article is that CC licenses are the best hope to the future. This is great because it backs up my argument very nicely. I also believe CC licenses are what the future of media needs. Media producers should be able to share their work so other people can enjoy it.
2. The second piece of information I’m using is called ‘Copyright – Only Dedication or Public Domain Certification’. This article is focused on defining what Creative Commons is. This article gives me good knowledge to help back up my argument throughout the essay.
3. The third article I’ve looked at for the essay is called ‘Commons Touch on Rights’. Different types of CC licenses are mentioned throughout this article which therefore will help me introduce other necessary information to my essay. The article also compares ‘Open Access’ with ‘Creative Commons’, as well as what industries would have troubles with deciding which way to go.
4. The forth article I found which may be useful is called ‘Made for Sharing’ from the Creative Review. In this article there is information on the values, attitudes and beliefs of music artists relating to Creative Commons. I believe my essay will benefit from source such as this.
5. The fifth article I’m going to use comes from a different direction in comparison to the other articles mentioned so far. This angle to the topic is created by the Creative Common Corporation itself. It is focused towards the fact that the team from the industry doesn’t want to develop a comprehensive directory or database of Creative Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment