Thursday, August 27, 2009

Week 2 Tute Task (Part 2)

Over the last few years, new communication technologies have been coming out from every angle. There has been msn Messenger, Myspace, Bebo, Facebook, Blogger, Twitter and 100’s more. Before we know it they’ll be growing out of our ears. What they all have in common is the way they make communicating with friends and family a whole lot easier. However, there is one relatively new communication technology which I believe crushes and tears the living daylights out of each and every one of them, and that’s Skype. Not all of you may agree with me, but Skype has made my life a heck of a lot easier when it comes to keeping in touch with my family and friends from home. Ever since I moved to Brisbane, I heavily rely on this brilliant communication device to stay in contact with the ones I love. It allows me to see and talk to the person I’m conversing with all at once, and not to mention it’s either incredibly cheap or even free.

The first time I was introduced to Skype was at the beginning of last year when my family and I were overseas on Christmas holidays. My father had to use it to speak to clients and relatives back at home. Still to this day I’d have to say it’s the best thing since sliced bread. Privacy is not an issue for me while using Skype, but when it comes to Facebook and Myspace I feel I have to be more careful when allowing people to view my profile and pictures. Some people may not be happy with the idea of Facebook and Google collecting information of their users; however I believe it’s for their own benefit. If they have an issue with it, then they shouldn’t be putting that information up on their profile. As I mentioned previously, I’m careful with who I accept as a friend on Facebook, so therefore all my friends are ones I have met face to face and not just on the internet. It’s probably not the wisest move to add any Joe Blow and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment